Jewish Service Corps - Multi-Week
The JDC Entwine Multi-Week Global Jewish Service Corps (JSC) fellowship is an opportunity to connect with overseas communities through an immersive volunteer experience for three to eight weeks.
Multi-Week Global JSC fellows work with local partners and experts in the field to develop and implement programs that address critical global issues. The program is ideal for recent college graduates, students with long breaks, or young professionals who are seeking a meaningful experience while engaging in service through a Jewish lens. The Multi-Week program runs four times a year with sessions during winter, spring, summer and fall.
Upcoming Cohort Dates and Deadlines:
India: March 1 – April 5
Create and facilitate vital educational programs for children living in the slums of Mumbai with JDC partner Gabriel Project Mumbai (GPM). Click here for more information
- Interested in public health? Medicine? GPM recently opened up a medical clinic in the slums and as a JDC Multi-Week volunteer, you may have the unique opportunity to see public health come alive in this needed medical clinic!
Argentina: March 14 – April 18
- Connect with Latin America's largest Jewish population and help support local social welfare organizations such as innovative soup kitchen, needed medicine bank and pre-school for at-risk children. Click here for more information
Israel: April 3 – April 29
Serve in these diverse communities:
- Ramla: Tutor at-risk high school students in preparation for the important matriculation exam (Bagrut. More information on volunteer placement
- Bat Yam: Provide needed formal and informal educational service to at-risk youth. More information on volunteer placement
Click here for more information on these Israel programs
Israel: May 1 – May 31
- Jerusalem: Travel around Israel to capture the work of JDC Israel’s employment initiatives through media. Take part in showing how these initiatives remove social barriers to employment for Israel’s most vulnerable communities. This placement is for individuals with skills in video editing skills, photography and or journalism. Click here for more information
More information on the initiatives Fellows will visiting here.
Application Deadline: February 10, 2016 — Apply Today!
STAY TUNED FOR SUMMER 2016 OPPORTUNITIES....COMING SOON!!!!
Email Naomi.email@example.com to indicate your interest for summer
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) on the Multi-Week program