Inside Haiti 2013
February 17, 2013 - February 24, 2013
Within hours of the tragic January 2010 earthquake in Haiti, JDC mobilized resources to help the survivors rebuild their lives. Three years later, what challenges still exist? What can be done to build the country on strong footing? What do JDC's post-disaster humanitarian efforts look like in Haiti today?
Volunteer with JDC in the areas of educational support, community rebuilding and humanitarian relief and make a difference on the ground right now.
To receive an application for Inside Haiti, email email@example.com.
Trip Chairs: Sheryl Gordon and Hannah Goldie
Application deadline: December 31, 2012
Sample Itinerary: Download here.
Fill out the application: Click here.
- Serve alongside the world’s largest Jewish humanitarian aid organization (JDC).
- Gain first-hand insight into challenges facing Haiti two years after the devastating earthquake
- Volunteer in the fields of medical assistance, educational support and humanitarian relief.
- Work alongside village residents to renovate community spaces & facilitate community center activities & educational workshops
- Volunteer with medical programs through major JDC partner organizations on the ground.
- Engage in cultural exchange through exclusive briefings with JDC local partner organizations and program beneficiaries.
- Travel with JDC’s Haiti Management Team and other young adults from around the world
By Dorron Lemesh on Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 11:54:58 AM
In February 2013, Dorron Lemesh participated in JDC Entwine's Inside Haiti trip . As part of the experience, Dorron and fellow Entwine Insiders visited Ecole Nouvelle Zoranje, a school launched by The Foundation for Progress and Development (PRODEV) with the objective to train a growing number of teachers and provide under-privileged children of...
By Carrie Watkins on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 4:25:56 PM
In February I made a proposition to my friends, family and colleagues: help me fundraise to go on the Inside Haiti trip with JDC Entwine, and I will bake you cookies. Donations poured in, and I found myself unbelievably grateful for the support and up to my elbows in snickerdoodle...