Inside Haiti 2014
February 16, 2014 - February 23, 2014
Within hours of the tragic January 2010 earthquake in Haiti, JDC mobilized resources to help the survivors rebuild their lives. Four years later, what challenges still exist? What can be done to build the country on strong footing? What do JDC's post-disaster humanitarian efforts look like in Haiti today?
Volunteer with JDC in the areas of educational support, community rebuilding and humanitarian relief and make a difference on the ground right now.
To receive an application for Inside Haiti, email email@example.com.
Application deadline: December 22, 2013
Trip chairs: Ellie Bressman and Jack Goldstein
- Serve alongside the world’s largest Jewish humanitarian aid organization (JDC).
- Gain first-hand insight into challenges facing Haiti four years after the devastating earthquake
- Volunteer in the fields of medical assistance, educational support and humanitarian relief.
- Work alongside village residents to renovate community spaces & facilitate community center activities & educational workshops
- Volunteer with medical programs through major JDC partner organizations on the ground.
- Engage in cultural exchange through exclusive briefings with JDC local partner organizations and program beneficiaries.
- Travel with JDC’s Haiti Management Team and other young adults from around the world
By Erin Beser on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 4:52:01 PM
Erin Beser (far right, baseball cap) traveled to Haiti with Entwine in February 2014. The Caribbean is a popular destination for February break, offering sun, sand, and an escape from the frigid New York climate. I went to the Caribbean too, last February break, but instead, I went to Haiti....