January 18, 2014 - January 26, 2014
In honor of Eugene Ribakoff, z"l, a great Jewish leader.
Join JDC Entwine and other young professionals for this in-depth look at social innovations in Israel.
How does the Israeli government's leading partner help meet the critical social issues facing the country's most-vulnerable citizens? What can Americans learn from innovations in Israel?
- Immigration: How does Israel absorb and integrate new immigrants and respond to asylum seekers?
- Employment: What populations are behind the employment curve? How can Israel train a diverse and productive workforce for the future?
- Education: Who are Israel's at-risk students? How do we outreach to them and help them succeed?
- Inclusion: What is Israel doing to create a more welcoming society? How can public-private-NGO partnerships lead the way?
- Volunteerism & philanthropy: Do Israelis give back? And can U.S. philanthropic models work in the Israeli scene?
* Ground program lasts from January 19-25
Click here to download the trip info sheet.
Trip Chair: Casey Topol Pressberg
Application deadline: October 29, 2013
Background: JDC in Israel
Throughout the country, JDC partners with the Israeli government to create strategies and solutions to combat the country's biggest internal challenges.
Learn more about JDC's work in Israel here.