Inside Jewish China 2017
December 10, 2017 - December 17, 2017
Applications will be opening shortly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Inside Jewish China is your chance to explore emerging Jewish life in East Asia with the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization.
- Engage with young professionals and innovators from across Asia for Limmud China, a cross-communal Jewish educational experience, where participants will have the opportunity to apply their unique skills
- Participate in interactive discussions with community leaders such as Roberta Lipson,founder of Kehillat Beijing to understand the history and current challenges of the Jewish community in China today
- Meet with young professional residents of Moishe House and other Jewish expats
- Discover China’s unique Jewish history and understand JDC’s significant role in Shanghai in rescuing Jews from the Holocaust through briefings and discussions with community members and experts
- Visit Beijing and Shanghai’s major tourist attractions, including the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, the Bund, Yu Gardens, and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower
- Experience Chinese culture, cuisine, and nightlife through an acrobatic show, traditional Shanghainese dinners, and a tea ceremony
Click here to view the full sample itinerary.
Trip Dates: December 2017
Participation fee: $1,000 USD, not inclusive of flights
*Do not let the price of the trip stop you from applying. JDC Entwine has subsidies available. Click here to learn more.
The trip cost includes:
- Local transportation within China
- Hotel Accommodations (note: the participation fee covers accommodations in double rooms; participants may elect to stay in a single room for an additional fee)
- Site visits, briefings, tours, etc.
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
Participants will be expected to submit a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 upon notification of selection.
Final payments (which may vary based on individual subsidies) will be due two months before departure.
To learn more click here for a FAQ.
Flight details: Participants will be responsible for booking their own round-trip airfare to and from Shanghai. Travel logistics details will be shared upon notification of acceptance.
About JDC in China: China and the Far East are home to a diverse, growing Jewish community. Today, JDC is working to provide cohesion and new connections for this community, establishing social networks for young professionals and coordinating a rich pallet of community-building programs surrounding the holidays and other important Jewish events.
Learn more about JDC's work in China here.