Inside Jewish Russia
September 10, 2017 - September 17, 2017
Applications will be opening shortly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
On Inside Jewish Russia, participants will discover the renaissance of Jewish life in post-communist Russia. Travel with a cohort of likeminded peers to engage with young Jewish leaders and innovators in St. Petersburg and Moscow, Russia’s most cosmopolitan cities, while experiencing Russian culture, nightlife, and cuisine first-hand.
- Explore the revitalization and development of Jewish life in Moscow & St. Petersburg, cities rich in history, culture and the arts
- Participate in home visits to elderly community members and interact with children and teens at YESOD to learn about JDC’s Hesed welfare model
- Exchange with local young leaders and innovators from the Lehava Young Leadership Initiative and community leaders to gain a unique perspective of current challenges and solutions of community development, post-Communism
- Participate in interactive discussions with the US Embassy officials to understand the complex relationship between the US and Russia today
- Enjoy visits to famous historical sites including the Hermitage, Winter Palace, St. Basil’s Basilica, and the Kremlin and classical ballet and opera performances
Trip Dates: September 10-17, 2017
Participation Fee: $2,500, not inclusive of flights
*Do not let the price of the trip stop you from applying. JDC Entwine has subsidies available. Click here to learn more.
The trip cost includes:
- Local transportation within Russia
- Hotel accommodations (note: the participation fee covers accommodations in double rooms; participants may elect to stay in a single room for an additional fee)
- Site visits, briefings, tours, etc.
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
Participants will be expected to submit a deposit of $1,000 upon notification of selection. Final payments will be due two months prior to the trip.
To learn more click here for a FAQ.
Flight Details: Participants will be responsible for booking their own round-trip airfare to Moscow and from St. Petersburg. Travel logistics details will be shared upon notification of acceptance.
About JDC in Russia: More than two decades after the fall of Communism—which hindered the development of Jewish life in this vast country for over 70 years—JDC is working with Russia’s local Jewish communities to create opportunities for Jews to reconnect to their tradition. Today, Russia’s Jews are economically diverse and culturally sophisticated, with a strong desire to reconnect with their Jewish heritage. Through hands-on service projects and interactive exchange with local leaders, participants will explore how JDC is assisting tens of thousands seeking to add Jewish expression to their commitment to the country’s longstanding cultural, commercial, and intellectual preeminence.